First Light Vision’s embedded web interface is available: you can now make images without any special acquisition device (frame grabber, dedicated software, etc…) but a web browser, that you can run on any device (computer, tablet or smartphone)
First Light Imaging offers a unique and flexible software package for all C-RED and C-BLUE cameras. In the USB drive provided with your camera, you will find a Graphical User Interface (GUI) and a Software Development Kit (SDK).
1. System requirements
In order to run First Light Imaging software, the recommended minimum system requirements are the following :
RAM : 8Go or more
Processor : Intel® CoreTM i5 or higher
Screen resolution : at least 1920 x 1080
First Light imaging software is cross-platform :
- Windows® 10
- Linux® Ubuntu 16.04 LTS & 18.04 LTS
- NVIDIA® Jetson Tx2, Xavier NX and Nano (only with USB 3 interface)
2. Supported grabbers
First Light imaging software is compatible with many frame grabbers :
Frame grabbers for Camera Link®
- Matrox® Radient eV-CL Camera Link®
- EDT Vision Link F4 Camera Link®
- EURESYS Grablink Full
- BITFLOW Axion 1XE
External frame grabbers for Camera Link®
- PLEORA GigE Vision® 2.0 over 10 GigE
Frame grabbers for CoaXPress
- Matrox® Rapixo CXP-12 Dual/Quad
- Euresys Coaxlink Duo CXP-12
- USB 3.1
- Camera Link®
- CoaXPress 2.0
- GigE Vision 10Gb Ethernet
- GigE Vision 10Gb Fiber optic
4. Graphical User Interface
Our First Light Vision GUI offers offers a user-friendly and modular environment. For advanced use, extensive plugins can be integrated.
- Automatic camera detection
- Configuration: frame rate, exposure time, geometry, on-the-fly NUC…
- Frame acquisition: start, stop, save buffer, load buffer…
- Frame display: clipping, mirroring, rotating…
- Image statistics: image tags, spatial and temporal measurements, standard deviation, average, histogram, cross section…
- Real time camera monitoring: status, temperatures, power consumption…
- Camera maintenance
Latest available version: First Light Vision v2.4.x
Check out the demonstration of First Light Vision v1.1.0 on our YouTube channel
5. Software Development Kit
To assist you in your own software developments, First Light Imaging provides a complete software development kit, which includes multiple examples.
A library of the camera commands is included in the User Manual.
The source code for the demonstration software is available in the multiple development languages and can be used as an exemple to build a custom system:
Plugins to interface other softwares :
- And more to come…
Latest available version: First Light SDK v2.8.x
Do not hesitate to contact us for additional developments.
First Light Vision and the SDK are constantly evolving to match your requirements, stay tuned for updates!