FAST LOW LIGHT LOW NOISE ELECTRONIC SHUTTERED SCIENTIFIC
THEORY OF OPERATION
OCAM²S is a high speed low noise camera with an integrated electronic shutter able to run at 2067 FPS with subelectron readout noise.
To achieve this performance, OCAM²S uses the E2V CCD 219 EMCCD, an 8 output split frame transfert CCD. To minimize smearing, the CCD219 high speed metal buttressed clock lines are driven by OCAM²S at a speed as high as 7 Mlines/s transferring each frame in the store section in only 12 microseconds.
The Embedded Electronic Shutter in OCAM²S is able to deliver an arbitrary number of integration pulses that can be shorter than 1 µs with a precision better than 50ns.
OCAM²S also offers an extremely low latency : 43μs between exposure and first pixel availability.
- Life Sciences / Research
- Exo-planets research
- Astronomical Observations
- Wavefront Sensing & Adaptive Optics
- Embedded electronic shutter <1µs
- < 1 electron read out noise
- up to 2067 FPS full frame
- 3700 FPS in 2×2 binning mode
- 95% peak qe typical (deep depletion silicon)
- ultra low latency camera link tm full interface : 43 µs
- 240 x 240 pixels state of the art EMCCD
- Wide 24 µm pixels
- 14 bits precision A/D converter
- Cooled operation for low dark current
- Integrated cooling temperature controller
- Fully sealed resistant aluminum body with low thermal gradient
- Clock & trigger input / output for synchronous operation