FAST LOW LIGHT LOW NOISE SCIENTIFIC CAMERA FOR VISIBLE IMAGING
THEORY OF OPERATION
OCAM²K is a high speed low noise camera able to run at 2067 FPS with subelectron readout noise.
To achieve this performance, OCAM²K uses the E2V CCD 220 EMCCD, an 8 output split frame transfert CCD. To minimize smearing, the CCD220 high speed metal buttressed clock lines are driven by OCAM²K at a speed as high as 7 Mlines/s transferring each frame in the store section in only 12 microseconds.
OCAM²K also offers an extremely low latency : 43μs between exposure and first pixel availability.
- Life Sciences / Research
- Exo-planets research
- Astronomical Observations
- Adaptive Optics
- < 1 electron read out noise
- up to 2067 FPS full frame
- 3700 FPS in 2x2 binning mode
- 95% peak qe typical (deep depletion silicon)
- ultra low latency camera link tm full interface : 43 µs
- 240 x 240 pixels state of the art EMCCD
- Wide 24 µm pixels
- 14 bits precision A/D converter
- Cooled operation for low dark current
- Integrated cooling temperature controller
- Fully sealed resistant aluminum body with low thermal gradient
- Clock & trigger input / output for synchronous operation
Read all publications